Catholics United for the Faith is called an apostolate because membership is ordered to apostolic action. Members first seek personal holiness, so that, should it be God’s will, they are ready instruments for apostolic action.
As a lay apostolate, Catholics United for the Faith provides a cooperative structure through which the laity can be effective in their vocation. While an individual might have limited resources, the combined resources of thousands united in effort bring about a greater effect. When an individual seeks to express himself, he remains but one voice, whereas combined with others in an apostolate, his voice is amplified. In turn, the individual benefits from association, through resources and support, in living out his personal vocation.
Whether a person is consecrated, married, single, or ordained; members of an ecclesial movement, religious order, or secular; adherents of a particular piety, spirituality, or devotion; CUF advances the general call to holiness and vocation of the laity and supports each individual’s personal call, however that is manifested.
Benefits of CUF Membership
- Spiritual support and assistance
- Masses offered regularly for members
- Intentions remembered by CUF staff daily with the Angelus & weekly with Mass & Adoration
- United in prayer with other members throughout the world
- Lay Witness newsletter connects you with like-minded members & initiatives
- Chapter Membership and Development
- Collaborate with like-minded Catholics in apostolic activities, prayer, & fellowship
- Assistance to charter & develop a Chapter if one does not exist in your local area
- Formation materials for Chapters
- Personal Formation Assistance
- Unrestricted access to Information Services in digital and hard copy
- Over 270 FAITH FACTS
- In-depth research tailored to your unique questions about the Catholic Faith
- Guidance from expert staff
- Access to the CUF research library
- Speakers Bureau to help you make local events formative and successful
Obligations of CUF Membership
- Accept the CUF Mission to “unite the faithful from all walks of life in order to support, defend, and advance the efforts of the teaching Church” as your own
- Support CUF spiritually by praying for the apostolate and its members daily
- Support CUF morally by using & sharing its resources & encouraging participation in the apostolate
- Engage in apostolic activity in keeping with your state in life
- When possible, support CUF financially
For a more in-depth treatment of the obligations and benefits of CUF membership, please see Lay Witness 36.4.
While most CUF supporters choose to become members, some choose to become CUF Associates. CUF Associates support CUF’s work, usually through prayer and donation, without being considered members and without taking on the obligations of membership. CUF Associates still receive Lay Witness.
To become a CUF Member or Associate, please contact us.